Medical and Surgical Center (MSC)
Location: Burkina Faso, North Central Region, city of Kaya
In sub-Saharan Africa, the handicapped person has a very insecure status. The person sometimes needs to beg in order to survive. Disability can also cause fear, rejection, and exclusion. However, handicap is everywhere present, many children and adults become physically disabled following diseases, accidents or inadequate care.
The Medical and Surgical Center (MSC) is one of the best centers for functional rehabilitation in Burkina Faso and the largest in capacity for care requiring hospitalization. The number of patients in care is constantly increasing.
Objective : Improve the mobility of people with disabilities through functional rehabilitation
Specific objectives :
- Restore autonomy
- Improve living conditions
- Promote the social reintegration of people with disabilities into their community
Beneficiaries: people with disabilities
- Rehabilitate at least 500 patients a year with physiotherapy sessions
- Fit at least 200 people a year with prostheses, orthotics, discharge devices and custom-made splints
- Ensure treatment of at least 125 patients with orthopedic surgical operations