Location: Nobéré, South Central Region, Burkina Faso
The peri-urban commune of Nobéré comprises 27 villages and an urban center.
General objective: Improve sustainable access to safe drinking water, basic sanitation and hygiene and waste management practices of the population.
- Improve the governance of the municipality of Nobéré in the Water-Sanitation-Waste sector (WSW)
- Improve sustainable access to safe drinking water
- Improve the health and environmental situation
Duration of the program: January 2015- December 2020
Beneficiaries: in total, nearly 60,000 people will be beneficiaries of the project, i.e. 95% of Nobéré’s population by 2020.
- Reinforcement of the skills of the municipal actors
- Construction and rehabilitation of wells
- Identification and training of village masons
- Construction of family and school latrines
- Installation of handwashing devices in schools
- Setting up a system for collecting, sorting and storing waste
- Construction of a waste sorting center and waste landfill
- Community awareness, hygiene awareness in schools and awareness on waste management
The WASH component is an integral part of the Colibri Program, which works transversally in several areas (Nutrition, Water-Sanitation-Hygiene, Rural Development) to globally improve the living conditions and resilience of the population of Nobéré.